Neurosurgery Lecture Notes by Dr.Nishantha Gunaseka (MBBS,MS MRCS,consultant neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosurgery, Teaching hospital Karapitiya)nd
What is Neurosurgery?
This surgical speciality involves surgeons managing patients who have diseases or trauma associated with the nervous system and the spinal column. This means they usually operate on the brain, the spinal cord and the bony vertebral column.
- Anatomy and the Function of the Brain
- Brain tumours
- Management of Spinal Metastasis
- Lower Back pain
- Neuro trauma
- Infections of Central Nervous System
- Prolapsed lumbar intervertebral disc
- Current Management of GBM